There are currently over 2.3 million homes in Australia which have rooftop solar PV systems, and it is projected that there will be at least another million homes to have rooftop solar installed over the next four years.
In contrast, there has been a small proportion of homes who have installed battery storage systems with their rooftop solar. Currently, one in eight new solar systems installed included batteries.
Industry reports issued in 2017 and 2018 predicted that the uptake of battery systems in Australia would rise in the next few years. Industry forecasts of battery installation by 2020 ranged from 150,000 to 800,000. These predictions have proven to be optimistic, and the reality is probably closer to 70,000 by the end of 2020. It is difficult to obtain accurate battery installation figures because mandatory registration of power systems has only come into effect in early 2020.
The main reasons for the lower than expected uptake of batteries are:
- Batteries have been perceived to be unviable
- Concerns about safety issues with some older Lithium battery chemistries (pre LiFePo4)
- Lack of flexibility in battery sizes (ie. Leading brands have limited fixed sizes).
- Installers have been hesitant to recommend batteries despite an increase in customers interest.
With these issues in mind, Solar Energy Warehouse has sourced a manufacturer whose batteries are cost effective, safe (using latest LiFePO4 chemistry), flexible modular system, expandable capacity, easy to install and are compatible with many inverters. Solar Energy Warehouse has worked closely with Dyness to introduce their battery range to the Australian market.
The benefits of Dyness batteries are:
- Best value solar battery available in the Australian market, wholesale pricing starting at $522 per kWh.
- Safest and most stable battery chemistry in Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4).
- Scalable (2.4kWh modules, start small, expand over time as necessary).
- Outdoor rated cabinet options– Powerbox (fits up to 4 modules, max 3 cabinets in parallel), Powercube (fits up to 9 modules, no limits on number of cabinets in parallel).
- Easy installation
- Long warranty (10 years, 70% capacity remaining).
- Compatible with wide range of inverters.
- Local Australian tech support, backed by manufacturer.
- Battery cells are sourced from Pylontech, which is the same as several other Lithium battery manufacturers currently available in Australia (ie Sonnen, Solax, Canadian Solar, Redback Technologies, and Pylontech).
- CEC accredited.
- Approved by SA and VIC Government’s battery rebate schemes.
- Stock available in Sydney for immediate delivery.